Golf Cart Operation Within West Point City Limits
The purpose of the safety guidelines is to ensure the safe operation of golf carts within the city of West Point,Iowa;
- Persons operating a Golf Cart on city streets must possess a valid drivers license.
- Golf Carts shall be equipped with a Slow Moving Vehicle Sign/Bicycle Safety Flag and operated only from sunrise to sunset
- Golf Carts shall not be operated or parked on city sidewalks
- Golf Carts must not be parked where they block regular traffic paths, wheelchair ramps, curb cut-outs, or any other location that presents a real hazard.
- Golf Carts must not be operated on city streets which are primary road extensions thru town (J40 or X23). Golf Carts are allowed to cross J40 and X23.
Note: The state code of Iowa 321.247 Golf Cart Operation on City Streets applies to Golf carts only, all other 4-Wheelers (All Terrain Vehicles, etc) are subject to state motor vehicle laws.